Thursday, September 02, 2004

Another alternative to MS Word

Flexbeta reviews AbiWord and has some real nice things to say

 GNOME screenshot

I am kind of disappointed I just found out about AbiWord a few months ago; I would have loved to have this application around back when I was running Windows 98 on my Compaq Presario with 64MB of RAM. Instead of having to purchase MS Word for nearly $200 I could have downloaded AbiWord in a few minutes (with dial-up) and had a top notch word processing application at my disposal. With all the features that were mentioned earlier, and the fact that AbiWord is free, there is no question in my mind that AbiWord would make a great word processing application. Even if you already own and use MS Word, AbiWord would make a great companion since it can read and write various file formats. The fact that AbiWord is under 5MB in size really surprises me; I can't imagine such a magnificent word processor being so small. You can download AbiWord from AbiSource.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home